Friday, December 30, 2011

Tell Me About Yourself Award



My blogger friend JJ nominated me for the Tell Me About Yourself Award.  I think this is a fun way to learn more about my fellow bloggers.  I read about your struggles with IVF everyday and I enjoy finding out about life outside of the crap we deal with.  Just like all the other awards, there are certain rules that apply in receiving this award:
  • Thank the person who passed the award on to you.  Thanks again JJ at A Journey of Emotions
  • List 7 things that people may not know about you. 
  • Pass the award to 15 other bloggers and don't forget to notify them as well.  Feel free to ignore my nomination if you received it from someone else :)  Please see my previous post about the Liebster Award.  These bloggers are amazing and you should follow them!  No need for me to list them again here.
 7 Things About Me You May Not Know:
1. I have a horrible sweet tooth - especially chocolate and cookies.  Which is only made worse by PCOS...
2. I'm a cat person.  I didn't know I was until we got a dog several years ago.  She's cute when she sleeps...
3. I am a pastor's wife.  I don't act the part and neither does Hubby.  We're not sure if it's more astounding that he's a pastor or that I'm a pastor's wife.  They broke the mold in either case...
4. I collect scrapbooking and card-making supplies.  I say "collect" because I don't usually have time to actually do things with them.  I just collect them and look at them and dream of all the cool projects I should be doing with them...
5. I love humor.  With all the crap that has happened to us over the last year (house robbed, car totaled, small business failed, job changes, diagnosis of CAVD & PCOS, 2 failed IVFs) humor is the only thing that gets me through sometimes.  It's either laugh or cry and I've done enough crying.
6. I feel pretty blessed.  I live in the house that I have loved since I was 9 years old.  It's required a total gut & re-do, but it's beautiful.  I have the car I have dreamed about since I was 16.  Her name is Sophie and she's a BMW Z3 Roadster.  She's beautiful as well.  I have a wonderful Hubby and he's also beautiful!  haha
7. Right now I'm thinking about going back to school to get a Ph.D. in Clinical Child Psychology.  I'm looking for some signs to tell me this is where I need to go.  I got confirmation that I need to move on.  I just need to figure out the next step.
(8.  You get a bonus!  Aren't you lucky?!) I am a Facebook Addict.  I use it for work to promote fundraising events and I put up funny stuff the kids say & do at my Youth Center.  I use it to stay in touch with friends and family across the world.  I put up pics of our life.  I've even put out a request (& received it) for a donation of a hand-me-down microwave because ours died.  I love facebook and love others who use it as much as I do.  I know that many of the IF blogging friends I have hate it when someone posts about their pregnancy on facebook.  However, I don't.  And I do plan on posting throughout the entire dang thing, if it ever happens.  I post about everything else in my life and the pregnancy thing has been a long time in the making.  WHEN it happens, it'll all be on there.  (Except naked preggo pics.  That's just weird.  I don't do naked pics now.  No way I'd do them when I'm ginormous.)

1 comment:

  1. Loved reading your seven. And I have lots of stamping and scrap booking stuff that rarely gets used too!

    ReplyDelete