Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Thaw 'Em All

We finally did make it to the Dr office on Tuesday, Jan 31st and I had my one and only internal ultrasound for this round of IVF.  I felt like I was visiting an old friend.  The screen showed that my lining was at 9.  They wanted it at least 6.5, so we are good to go with the calendar as planned for transfer being on Fri., Feb. 10th.  The Doc also said my ovaries were fairly small and "minding their own business," which is what they want at that point in time.  I'd hope they're minding their own business.  Nobody wants busy-body ovaries...

Since we had a minute with the Doc, I brought up the topic of thawing embryos.  This has been a debated topic between Hubby and I the last few days.  I distinctly remember during our last WTF appointment that the Doc said he'd thaw them all and use at least 2 if not all 3, if they make it through thaw.  I stopped the Doc that saw me that day and asked her opinion.  She advised that she'd thaw all 3 and see what we have to work with - which is where I was leaning, but Hubby is a little freaked out by the number 3.  I think he's truly afraid of all 3 "taking."  I am to the point where I don't feel that all of them would - given our stellar prior results.  And I'm not terribly convinced that all 3 will even make it through thaw.  I'm just trying to give myself the best chances of success for this round, since we have nothing left "in the freezer" and would have to start all over with a fresh cycle if this doesn't work.  Ugh.

I am trying to not stress about the number to transfer this time.  The past 2 times, I've wondered & worried about the number.  And then both times, the decision was kind of already made for us.  I am hoping that it's the same this time, so I'm trying to not worry about it too much until Friday.  I think it's best to thaw 'em all and see what we have to work with.

When I got my clothes back on, the IVF Nurse gave me my bloodwork orders to have done here in town - they've done these here in town the last 2 rounds, so hopefully nothing will be terribly screwed up this time.  Although with the way things have been going, I'm not holding my breath!

8 comments:

  1. hope all is set for friday. deciding how many to transfer is hard. there is concern about 3 taking for both babies and mom, but like you said, the decision may be made for you and only 2 healthy little ones may be awaiting you! good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear everything is right on schedule. Hope the decision on whether its 2 or 3 that you will thaw comes easier as you approach "the date". But no matter the end result, I also hope this cycles works out for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did what you are thinking thawed all 3, since they all made it I took that as a sign. I can not wait for your post this weekend to see how things went. GOOD LUCK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your decision and everything on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband was very freaked out when they put in TWO embryos. :) Good luck with everything! I hope this is your month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So exciting your transfer is Friday! I know whatever you decide on the number will be right for you guys. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad it's all on like donkey kong. I am still trying to figure out the thawing process if we want to transfer one. I'll have to ask some questions about that since I don't want to have to refreeze.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck on your transfer Friday!! I hope this is finally the one.

    ReplyDelete