Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Pity Party

OK, here's a run-down of the weekend after I got my BFN:

  • It was the 5th anniversary of my Dad's death.  I miss Dad and find it hard that he's really been gone five years.  Makes me want to have children as soon as possible so I don't rob my Mom of knowing her grandchildren, too.
  • It was Father's Day weekend.  My Dad is gone and Hubby isn't a Dad.
  • All you-know-what is going down at work between my boss and Board of Directors.  Lucky me, I'm in the middle of it all!  (yes, sarcasm font)
  • Allergies are awful and I'm fighting with my own face.  Ever had an ongoing battle with your own face?  You don't win.  I haven't been able to wear my contacts in a week.
  • I've put on weight since not being allowed to do anything vigorous the last 2 months.  There's no way I'm getting my skinny jeans on anytime soon.  Guess I'll have some ice cream or maybe a beer to make me feel better...
  • We are going to have to do some major renovations to our previous home in order to get rid of it or even be able to rent it out.  This will take the money that we've saved for IVF attempt #2.  (I asked our insurance agent if I'd be in trouble if I burned it down and didn't turn it in for insurance.  She said that, while it would not be insurance fraud, it would still be arson.  And for that, I'd go to jail.)  Well....don't they pay for all your medical procedures in jail?  I could kill two birds.....
  • And IVF-ICSI attempt #1 failed.

I'm feeling sorry for myself.  Insert pity party dance here.

4 comments:

  1. You are totally allowed to feel sorry for yourself!!! I sure as heck would be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all have these days..there's no shame in it. I'm sorry that everything came together all at once for one pretty shitty weekend. It's just not fair..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry. It sounds like you are going through a lot. Pity parties are totally understandable. Just let it out, girl! I hear you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry. You are allowed to feel bad you have been through a lot. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete