Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Little Fighters Beating the Odds

On Sunday, May 22nd, I got up and went to church.  I direct a monthly production that we do at church in place of formal worship one Sunday per month.  Hubby runs all the sound and video for the production as well.  This production is a high-energy, fast-paced production geared towards families with children.  This Sunday ended up being the Sunday that we were doing our monthly production, so while I didn't feel great, I felt that I needed to be there.

Hubby got up and helped me get washed off (no baths yet) and get dressed for the production. We went through a dress rehearsal and then I sat in the back during the production.  I did this for 2 reasons.  The first is that normally I sit up front and direct during the show.  I just didn't have it in me to be moving around like that early Sunday morning.  I was still pretty tender.  The second reason is that I was afraid that I'd miss the call from the embryologist babysitter.  So, I sat in the back, watched the show, and held my cell phone the entire time.  The show had some minor speed bumps....and the babysitter didn't call.

Hubby and I went out to eat after church and for the first time since Thursday, I was HUNGRY!  I don't know whether it's because I hadn't eaten much since Thursday or whether the Prednisone that the Doc has me on has finally kicked in.  Whatever the reason, I haven't eaten that much in a while.  Good thing we were at a Chinese buffet....  Still no phone call from the babysitter.

That afternoon, Hubby and I laid down for a normal Sunday afternoon nap.  I made sure that the ringer on my cell phone was turned up so it would wake me up if the embryologist called.  I turned over and talked to Hubby for a minute about how the production went that morning and my phone buzzed.  I had a voicemail.  How could I have a voicemail if it didn't ring?  And OF COURSE it was the babysitter.  Son of a.....

Hubby and I couldn't figure out why it didn't ring, but jumped to hear the voicemail.  My phone acted strange and for several minutes said it failed to download the voicemail.  Oh come on already!  I even had to reboot my phone.  Finally, it allowed me to hear the voicemail and Hubby and I hovered around the phone intently listening.  The embryologist reported that all 7 were still looking great and all had made it to 8 cells, which is what they wanted by 3 days post transfer.  As of that morning, we had five 8-celled Grade 1 embryos and two 8-celled Grade 2 embryos.  He confirmed that my transfer would be Tuesday morning and my Doc's office should be calling me about specific details about it.

Little 7 apparently are fighters - just like their Momma.  I felt good about our report.  They were beating the odds.

I felt so good that later that day, I went to a friend's baby shower.  Aren't you all proud?!  Those kinds of things still don't bother me.  Besides, I have a good feeling.  Maybe it'll be my turn this time around.


  1. 7!!! That's awesome! I can't wait to hear how it went yesterday!

  2. Yay! Hope all is still going this well!!!

  3. That's great news. I hope this is the cycle for you.